This jacket is pre-order only, arriving 15th February 2021. Pre-orders are refundable at any time before they arrive.
Nick's Design Notes: I wanted a really tough hiking & work waterproof that wasn't geeky. Why can't waterproofs have more structure, storage & style, without the shiny plastic? This needed to be an all-day waterproof for hiking up rain-soaked mountains, that could double up for city meetings, with loads of chunky military-influenced features. Jason & I have been fighting over who tested it. I won, this time.
The FRAHM Waterproof Utility Field Jacket is an extremely tough waterproof that will withstand torrential rain and gorse bushes. It stays crisply, quietly stylish, so it's as useful running for The Tube as it is running down a scree path from mountain lions. It offers serious tech in a subtly stylish & tailored package.
We took our original design, the Utility Field Jacket, and made it longer, with a zip-removable hood & chunky YKK Aquaguard zips. Two large shoulder vents pump warm, moist air out.
The 3-layer fabric is made for us in Como, Italy. Unusually for a waterproof, it is very tough due to the tight cotton twill exterior layer, which gives it smart structure along with abrasion & puncture resistance. The interior layers are waterproof & breathable membranes with a beautiful soft finish. The fabric is unlike any other waterproof, with its luxurious matt finish. Amazingly, it also offers true adventure standard protection, pressure rated 20,000 against water and for breathability.
Wear all year round in Summer thunderstorms, Spring/Autumn changeability or in Winter deluges as a shell over warm layers. Use from -10c (with insulating layers) to 20c (a t-shirt), in sun, high winds, torrential rain & snow.
The fit is forgiving and allows those layers, but is tailored for smartness.
- Heavy grade pure cotton outer, synthetic inner, made in Como, Italy
- Rated an extremely impressive 20,000 waterproof & breathable
- Fully waterproofed taped seams
- Heavy duty waterproof Aquaguard zips by YKK at front and chest pocket
- Japanese rubber zip pull by Shimada (not pictured as wasn't available at the time we shot the images) for easy use with gloved hands
- Jaw protecting zip dock
- Peaked removable hood with front and rear shock cord adjustment
- Front of hood closes via Italian bushed horn buttons, over the mouth if desired
- 7 pockets: Two large lower cargo with flap seals. Two chest with flap seals. Twin hand pockets lined with microfleece for warmth & comfort.
- Single exterior zipped chest pocket.
- Twin shoulder vents
- Extremely fine microfleece lining on inside of neck & cuffs
- Pleated shoulders & elbows, for articulated movement
- Tonal black FRAHM brand label on right upper arm
- Lifetime fault guarantee
- Machine washable delicate
£10 from each jacket sold will be donated to Mind mental health charity.