The Utility Field Jacket is a classic British style waxed field jacket, subtly innovated for wide ranging all-year, multi-environment use.
It’s as useful for a showery Autumnal bike dash across London, as it is facing down grumpy cattle in a frosty field in Lanarkshire.
FRAHM believe jackets should be made as tough and easy to use as possible. We’ve constructed the Utility Field with washable waxed fabric, that can be chucked in the washing machine and will dry quickly. It’s built for years of service (unless you tame lions or fight fires). The fabric will gradually wear and develop character, as with all waxed jackets, but without any reduction in performance or the old stickiness, odour build up and staining of historical waxing.
The fit is ‘tailored athletic’. Not skinny, not loose, just right. The shoulder have extra space built in, and the arms are a bit longer, for real-world movement, such as running for meetings, cycling over for a pint, or climbing trees.
Only 100 are being made. Stock will reach you by mid-November. Pre-order demand means most sizes are low on stock already. Pre-payments and deposits are refundable if you change your mind. Full details here.
- British Millerain Staywax™ washable waxed 6oz/230gpsm cotton fabric, made in Rochdale, England. Wind and scratch resistant. Excellent breathability alongside resistance to light rain showers. Fast drying.
- Custom toughened stainless steel YKK zips, in gunmetal finish.
- Italian toughened stainless steel disc snaps for exterior pockets and zip placket, in gunmetal finish.
- 8 pockets: 2 tricot-lined hand, placed behind lower cargo. 4 external toughened cargo. 1 internal zipped chest. 1 internal ticket/phone.
- Herringbone grey internal torso lining in tough Italian fast drying and odour resistant shirting fabric.
- Ultrafine Italian fleece tricot lining around neck, cuffs, hem and inside hand pockets.
- Large shoulder vents, subtly tailored into garment, using unique air channelling system.
- Twin needle heavyweight stitching at high stress points, such as hems, cargo pockets, neck.
- Embroidered herringbone brand patches, including full clear care instructions. No annoying loose information labels.
- Scalloped cuffs, for extra hand protection without interfering with fingers.
- Multiple shoulder and elbow darts, for freer movement.
- V-shaped seam splits at hip, to ease bending down or sitting.
- Coat hanging loop.
Suggested range of use is from 18c with wind or drizzle, to 0c frost with a jumper underneath. It won’t protect you from heavy or sustained rain, but it will keep you warm and it’ll dry quickly.
Our previous work has been exhibited in the Design Museum and the V&A and featured in the world's press, such as Esquire, The New York Times, Der Spiegel and Wallpaper. Our FRAHM Utility Field Jacket is the culmination of decades of combined experience and we're very proud of it indeed.